Monday, February 16, 2015

So this week. CARNAVAL

Making cookies with the cookie cutters and mix that Aunt Wendy and Grandma sent for Christmas
Yay for holidays when no one is at home. Soo sad. So this week we walked a
lot trying to find someone at home but it was still good. We were walking
yesterday among the drunks when I saw a woman walking and I just knew I
needed to talk with her. So we did and turns out she already received all
the discussions and was going to church for a long time but then she moved
and so that all stopped. It was good to find someone who wanted to talk to
us this week.
I was thinking of how to find the people here that are actually ready.
Sister Lopez is finishing the mission and she is ready and happy and
pleased with her work and I was thinking I want to finish like that. I
don´t want to look back and wish I had done more. But we teach sooo many
people that we just end up dropping the next week because they don´t want
to progress they just like our visits.
 
We have one investigator named Ana. She is probably about your age and has
one son (Felipe). He is 11. Her husband passed away last year. We met her
just clapping at doors trying to find people. She is sooooo awesome but
still hasnt come to church because of prior commitments. We talked a lot in
our last lesson about the church and she was impressed with how organized
our church is and I was like (in my head) yes of course its organized its
the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST. She said she wants to know our church so thats
great!
I love the mish now that I can speak the language a bit better now. It is
better when you want to get to know someone and you can actually speak
their language (well for the most part I am still learning)

We went to the center of Aracaju today and it was so cool to see all the
cool stuff I want to bring home to you guys! If you want something let me
know! haha

So my comp says that she sends a hug, a kiss, and she will celebrate
Christmas with us in 2017 eating american food!! woohoo! (sending kisses is
normal here no one freak out kay?) :)
Well this week was hard. Carnaval really isn´t a good holiday for
missionary work....I am ready for it to be over already.  
 Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment