Monday, November 30, 2015

Another CrAzY wEEK (yay thanksgiving and Estancia)

Well it´s another scorching hot day here in Our Lady of the Help, Sergipe.

We had a crazy week going to Estancia to do divisions and thanksgiving and
trying to actually teach people.

We left to Estancia Monday night. We were going along great, my companion
was sleeping, I was trying to sleep....and then I saw the church building
in Estancia zoom past me. I didn´t think much about it and I thought that
we would be arriving soon. But then 10 minutes passed and we still hadn´t
stopped. I woke up my companion and said....I think we passed Estancia! She
shot up and we talked with the conductor and he said that yes, we had
passed Estancia and we were now going to Umbauba and THEY COULDN´T TURN
BACK. WHAT. Then we started to freak out a bit thinking that Umbauba was in
Bahia and we were leaving the mission. The conductor said that we could get
a taxi back to Estancia but we DIDN´T HAVE ANY MONEY WITH US. So great. We
were praying and praying (remember that it´s like 10 pm). The sisters from
Estancia called us wanting to know where we were. Blessing of all blessings
there was another bus going from Salvador to Aracaju and so the nice
conductor stopped that bus and we got on and got to Estancia and it was
just too much excitement for one day.

The divisions were great! I went with Sister Ruiz from Dallas Texas and it
was great! She is super excited and ready to serve. I got to be with Sister
Saturnino again and it was all kinds of awesomeness.

We finally got back in Soccoro Thursday morning. (Thanksgiving!!!) We had
lunch with the amazing irma Alessandra and she made a thanksgiving feast.
She made green bean casserol and mashed potatoes and PUMPKIN PIE. It was
the best ever.


And so that was my week.

I loved being on the mish. I know that this church is true. I love you all!

Sister Helm

No comments:

Post a Comment