Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 7...The End...of the Beginning!



Well. I have arrived at this day. What a weird mixture of feelings. I certainly didn´t think it would come so fast. 

Yesterday as I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting I remembered the first time I bore my testimony in portuguese, when I had 5 days in Brazil, and I had the opportunity to look back and see how far I have come.

I don´t know how to tell you all this but.....I am not the same person that I was. hahahaha At least I speak portuguese now! But really, I have changed a lot. It will be good to catch up with all of you.

We had a pretty amazing week. Claudemir got baptized! We have been working with him for a while and it was really a miracle that he got baptized. He lives really far away and we were calling him the whole week trying to help him with doubts and questions but tudo bem it all went good. WOOOOO! 

Also, we had another proud mom moment seeing Aloisio pass the sacrament this week! minha nossa he´s come soooo far! Marcos bore his testimony for the first time yesterday and he was shaking soo much! But really I don´t even think I can explain to you the amount of growth I have seen here in Sao Miguel.

The miracles just came flooding in when we saw a family we have been teaching for a loooonngg time that finally came to church! And also when one of our less active´s husband that said he didn´t want anything with the church walked into sacrament meeting! 

And we can´t forget the amazing and beautiful wonderful incredible Amanda. What an elect! She is seriously SUPER prepared to get baptized on Saturday. She got her answer about baptism from the Book of Mormon! 

And so. It hasn´t stopped yet. To top it all off, the ward is throwing a party for me on Friday
! I really am blessed to be in such a great area. Everyone wants to have FHE with us this week and everyone is volunteering themselves to do visits! haha it will be a super crazy last week! 

So many things to tell you all but.....it can wait. I hope you all have been practicing your portuguese! 

I can say without a shadow of doubt that this church is true. I KNOW this. I have learned for myself. My mission was the best. The best mesmo. I know that I needed to be here in northeast Brazil. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He loves me, and you, and everyone else. I know that if we do the things he taught we will live with Him and Heavenly Father again.

I love you all so much.

Sister Helm



No comments:

Post a Comment