Monday, May 18, 2015

So, after hearing about the craziness of my family´s week....my week was pretty boring.

Something exciting! I got DENGUE! haha not really but this week I got really really sick and I was covered in red spots and so we all thought it was dengue but it was just another sickness that has the same symptoms. So that was fun. 

We are teaching the most elect investigator of all time. She is literally the coolest person ever. She is progressing sooooo fast. We plan lessons and then we get to her house and she already read something or watched something and then just pretty much teaches us our lesson that we planned! She is incredibly smart and wants to get baptized so bad. The only problem? She has to get married because she lives with her boyfriend and he doesn´t want anything with marriage. She wants to move out but has no money or friends or family to help her. Prayers for Ligia! She is probably the most amazing person I have met on the mission so far.

I ate SUBWAY this week. Our lunch fell so we decided to eat out and it was the best thing ever after weeks and months of rice and beans. (have fun with that, Wyatt!)

I had my interview with the Presidente of our mission,....That was fun. It was good to talk with him and think about everything that I have learned on the mission so far and how far I have come in the language. My first interview I just nodded my head as he spoke and understood nothing. Haha!

We made the best chocolate cake this week. I have a cook as one of my companions and I am a good eater so we make a good team. :) Love the mission!!!!

I am trying to think of something exciting that happened....we saw a dead cow.....I successfully avoided the chicken foot in the stew we had this week with an investigator.....it rained today....I got cold on saturday and it was the weirdest thing ever.....I saw a drunk teaching a bunch of boys how to march and it was hilarious....we are trying to find an investigator here that doesn´t have to get married....it´s hard.....

So that was my week. It was a good one.

I am so incredibly grateful for this opportunity. I love the mission so much and I love the gospel and my Savior even more. I am so glad that each day I can get up and share this joy with the people around me.

I love you all sooooooo much!!! Stay cool fam!

Sister Helm

No comments:

Post a Comment