Monday, December 15, 2014

Woop! Another Week

This week was good. We had Conferencia de Natal in Maceio and the entire
mission was there! It was so so cool and the food was great and our
Presidente and his wife are the best. I got to see Sister Lopez from the
MTC and also Elder Trout so that was awesome.

Transfers! Ahh! It was super stressful last night because all the other
sisters in Eduardo Gomes have been here awhile (including my companion) and
so it was probable they´d leave. BUT, we are all staying! Yay!! We get to
spend Christmas together and also New Year!

We have a baptism this week and two the week after! They are all awesome
and it has been great to see them coming closer to their Savior. A story:
We were teaching a young mother this week. She has two little girls ages 3
and 1 and she is 20. We were teaching her about the Word of Wisdom and how
our body is a temple. She has a belly button piercing and when we told her
about our body being a temple she took it out and chucked it as far as she
could. It was amazing to see her willingness to keep the commandments. 
 
Today we are going to the beach! Just to look, don´t worry. But I am super
duper excited! :)

Yesterday we got to go to Grageru and watch the First Presidency Christmas
Devotional. It was sooo good even though I didn´t understand everything the
speakers said. I did understand the music and they showed a bit of the
lights at Temple Square and that was great.

I am pretty sure that sobremesa here is the best in the world. You´ll have
to look that word up. Anyways, all the sisters were telling me about this
one sobremesa that is sooo good because we were going to eat it at one of
the members houses for almoco. It turns out that this really good sobremesa
is rice and milk. Haha their faces when I told them I´ve been eating this
my whole life. Hahahahaha But they usually use condensed milk and it´s even
better. Also everyone here loves hot dogs. They are a bit different and
they call them cachorro quente which is literally hot dog in portuguese. It
is funny because people always ask if we have cachorro quente in the US.
haha

Also I don´t know what happened this week but I have made huge strides in the
language. It is the strangest thing I have ever experienced. I can teach
almost fluently and I can speak with the people here with only a little
difficulty. I know this is a gift from God and all your prayers. Thank you
so much. I´m definitely not fluent yet but I am ten times better than last
week.

I love you all. I love this work. I love this gospel.

Com amor,
Sister Helm

No comments:

Post a Comment